Saturday, September 06, 2014

Blog Marathon #1: As a writer

My books are a bit of myself as I was when I was writing them. Things that made me happy or sad or simply caught my attention- all find their way into the book in some way or the other.
When I re-read my books, oddly enough, I am acquainted with parts of me that I have forgotten.  There is this little joke in the book that actually comes from that little incident that took place which ofcourse I had completely forgotten about till I re-read the book.

Anyway, coming back to IDDI (in case you have not pre-ordered it, please do it here: http://www.amazon.in/I-Do-Ruchita-Misra/dp/9351363325/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1409993427&sr=1-1&keywords=ruchita+misra) Even if I say so myself, it is an engaging, fun read. A big throbbing heart- that is how a friend described it sometime back, bless her!), while I cannot say how it will fare in the markets, though I hope you will all buy it and make it a success, what I can say with conviction is that I am proud of it.

Proud in a quiet, sensible way. Proud because I know this story comes from my heart and that is what I wanted. Proud because I know I spent hours working on this book when I could have been out partying. Proud because it has some sentences that mean a lot to me. Proud because of the decisions Kasturi, Purva, Pitajee and Anu take (agreed some decisions are sheer madness, but who am I to complain, afterall it is their life!)

The book touches on many aspects of life and I hope to talk about them as we move through this marathon, in the process discussing matters that affect all of us.

While I would I have liked to do  post each day, I will, due to pressures of work, limit it to Saturdays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.

In the meanwhile don't forget to pre-order the book, you wont regret it :)

Love

 

4 comments:

Heemanshu said...

Everyone in my friends and family who read the (In)eligible bachelors has been gifted with a copy of IDDI ;-) That's 9 copies. Tenth will be mine but I will want it signed :)

Aparna Gautam said...

Loved the book. Thank you for writing IDDI.

Unknown said...

The book is really funny,crazy and sensible all at the same time! :) I couldn't help but smile all throughout! Your writing is Simple and Sweet and I loved the way you shaped Purva's character.(He is my favourite)
If you can,please go through my blog
mallikapadhi.blogspot.com. :)

Unknown said...

The book is really funny,crazy and sensible all at the same time! :) I couldn't help but smile all throughout! Your writing is Simple and Sweet and I loved the way you shaped Purva's character.(He is my favourite)
If you can,please go through my blog
mallikapadhi.blogspot.com. :)